Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital (RWJUH) in New Brunswick, NJ has charged us with finding their VP, ORGANIZATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS. Upon review of the information below, please email VPOE-RWJB@divsearch.com if you would like to review the full position description or if any prospective candidates comes to mind. Thank you in advance for your time and assistance!
The Vice President, Organizational Effectiveness for RWJUH New Brunswick, reports to the Senior Vice President, Organizational Effectiveness, and has the responsibility to provide direction, support and oversight for activities related to quality improvement, patient safety, high reliability, infection prevention, value-based care delivery, and regulatory compliance. Through passion, energy, and progressive thinking, the Vice President will advance RWJUH by driving quality improvement, partnering across the organization to ensure the best outcomes, utilizing information systems and tools to analyze quality and setting appropriate hospital goals as indicators of quality, service, and cost-effectiveness. The position will manage a team consisting of the Director, Quality, Safety, Regulatory; Director, Infection Prevention, and approximately another 8 additional team members, and will build relationships with key leaders and their teams to ensure that Organizational Effectiveness achieves the results that are critical to the well-functioning of the hospital and well-positioned as a vital resource for the organization.
•Leadership experience in quality and patient safety in an acute care hospital setting required; experience in an academic setting strongly preferred
•Proactive, strategic, change agent with strong track record of leading transformation and building high performance teams
• Responsible for designing and implementing a comprehensive quality, patient safety, and infection prevention program
• Develops policies, procedures, and guidelines to improve care, through collaboration with hospital leaders, team members, and Medical Staff
• Develops education tools and training materials to ensure consistent implementation of evidence-based care bundles
• Establishes relationships with internal and external experts in quality and patient safety to improve organizational performance
• Bachelor’s degree in a clinical field required; post graduate degree preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the quality management and patient safety arena preferably in an academic medical center
• Certification as a healthcare quality professional preferred
• LEAN Six Sigma experience/certification preferred
A competitive compensation package
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Nominations and expressions of interest should be submitted to Kari Donovan’s attention at VPOE-RWJB@divsearch.com.