Service Employees International Union
SEIU CIR – The Committee of Interns and Residents (Service Employees International Union)
Job Title: Regional Director
Location: Newark or Jersey City, New Jersey.
The Committee of Interns and Residents, the largest resident physicians’ union in the country, is looking for a Regional Director to oversee the work in New Jersey, Washington DC, Boston and Miami. It is preferred, but not required that the Regional Director be based in New Jersey.About Us:CIR is a nationwide, progressive, member-driven healthcare union representing 15,000 resident physicians. Our vision is to be the national voice for interns, residents and fellows and to create better working conditions that allow physicians-in-training the ability to provide the highest quality patient care possible by building power through our Union.As the Regional Director, you will have the opportunity to develop staff, maintain a presence in the field and lead strategic campaigns and collective bargaining.Duties and Responsibilities:
The Regional Director performs a wide range of duties, including but not limited to the following:
- Supervises, develops and ensures organizing staff are achieving local, statewide and national goals.
- Responsible for member leader development, membership engagement, and organizing members around contract enforcement at the worksite.
- Maintains accurate records and database.
- Leads collective bargaining in private and public sector chapters, through the development of the bargaining team, researching of proposals and training staff on the process.
- Production of written communications and reports, to the membership, union leadership, and employers as needed.
CIR is looking for candidates who have:
- 4 years or more of organizing experience in the labor movement, and 2 years experience leading and/or supervising staff.
- Ability to meet deadlines and juggle a large workload in a fast-paced campaign environment.
- Strong ability to connect with highly educated professionals of varying backgrounds in pursuit of a common goal.
- Ability to work independently while also being able to incorporate constructive feedback and direction from campaign leadership.
- An independent and critical thinker with the ability to learn and understand complex issues quickly.
- Ability to develop, lead and support organizers on the implementation of strategic campaigns.
- Ability and experience in collective bargaining, contract enforcement and grievance procedure.
- Competitive starting salary, commensurate with experience.
- Excellent benefits package: health, dental, vision, disability, 401(k), pension plan and paid sick/vacation time.
- A resume and cover letter are required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for CIR, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan. Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: Regional Director.
A resume is required for all applications and a cover letter is highly suggested. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for us, an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position and a description of how this position fits into your long-term career plan.
CIR is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants. Please visit our website for more information: www.cirseiu.org
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/28pqtbg2xxc96grz