Morristown Medical Center
Special Projects Coordinator, Quality and Patient Safety Dept, MMC
- Assists with the coordination of hospital performance improvement activities Facilitates and assists with performance improvement projects for teams and departments, Provides education and guidance to teams and departments regarding performance improvement techniques and assists with application.
- Assists with data collection and presentation for teams and departments. Utilizes computer programs and databases to support performance improvement projects, teams and departments.
- Conducts audits and chart reviews for organizations or projects as indicated. Assists the Managers and Director of Quality and Patient Safety in ensuring compliance with standards related to quality for TJC, NJDHSS, NDNQI, CMS and other agencies.
- Actively supports and facilitates initiatives to improve patient safety, ldentifies potential patient safety risks and coordinates related improvement activities.
- Performs audits and medical record reviews. Collects, analyzes and reports on data collected from audits and chart reviews to appropriate committees, individuals or regulatory bodies in a timely manner.
- Reviews, aggregates, displays and analyzes data and reports submitted by departments and teams.
- Assists with coordination of TJC compliance activities. Participates as a member of the TJC Steering Committee and assists with Survey Readiness.
- Attends and particípates in other committees and meetings at the hospital and at AHS as requested.
- Participates in Shared Governance Councils providing guidance and instruction on Pl techniques
- 3-5 years clinical background with knowledge or experience in multiple clinical areas in an acute care setting;
- Experience with Joint Commission accreditation preparation and survey process preferred;
- Experience with performance improvement techniques, particularly data collection
- Experience managing and leading teams
- Proficient in all applications of Microsoft Office
Current NJ State RN license Preferred
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or Health Related Science Preferred
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please apply online through the Atlantic Health System’s jobsite.